September 16, 2020
As you stumble into the bathroom in the morning, you brush your teeth and barely look in the mirror before you leave the room to start your day working from home and helping the kids with remote learning. Later on, when you finally shower for the day, you decide to step onto the scale and are saddened to see that you’ve gained the “quarantine 15” or “COVID curves.” Many others are in the same situation as you, but losing weight during the pandemic is possible! Read on to learn more about medical weight loss in Richardson.
Why You’ve Gained Weight
Here are some factors that may have contributed to your weight gain during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- When stressed, your body holds onto fat storage in case it is needed.
- Your normal exercise routine has been disrupted or stopped altogether.
- You regularly wear sweatpants or pajamas, which tend to hide extra pounds, all day.
- You may have used food (particularly baked goods) or alcohol to comfort yourself.
- You may have had to cancel a checkup with your doctor when you would have gotten motivation to think about your weight.
By understanding how you got into this situation in the first place, you can better understand ways to shed those extra pounds safely and for the long term.
Why You Need to Lose Weight
A little bit of extra weight doesn’t have a huge impact on your heart, liver, and overall health, but research shows time and time again that significant weight gain certainly can. In addition, experts say that those who are obese are at an increased risk of developing severe symptoms of COVID-19 if infected. To protect your long-term health and to potentially reduce your chances of experiencing the worst of COVID-19.
How You Can Lose Your Quarantine 15 or More
If you want to get serious about weight loss in Richardson, you can start by talking to a highly trained professional. Together, you can create a diet and exercise plan that fits your new lifestyle; plus, they can provide you with advanced supplements that jumpstart your weight loss journey. The following are other ways you can implement healthy habits every day and shed those extra pounds:
- Try to integrate movement into your daily routine, such as going on hikes or utilizing online workout classes.
- Get plenty of sleep every night.
- Drink lots of water and limit your alcohol consumption.
- Find healthy ways to deal with stress that don’t involve eating.
- Learn to cook with healthy food.
- Don’t tempt yourself by purchasing unhealthy foods.
COVID-19 may have altered many things in life, but it doesn’t have to leave you 15 or more pounds heavier. Take control of your weight again and take this opportunity while you’re social distancing to improve your health.
About the Practice
Richardson Pain & Wellness is focused on meeting each individual patient’s needs. Instead of using diet suppressants, which can be dangerous and ineffective, we use customized programs consisting of nutritious diet plans, exercise plans, and safe weight loss supplements like sermorelin and HCG. If you have questions about medical weight loss or if you would like to get started with your own program, you can contact Richardson Pain & Wellness by calling 972-907-1125 or clicking here.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.